The Young Women in Public Affairs Award
Zonta Club of Toledo believes that young women are they key to women’s advancement in the field of public service. The club annually offers a scholarship opportunity to a young woman in the community who is preparing herself to be a leader of tomorrow.
The Young Women in Public Affairs Award recognizes a young woman’s (age 16-19) commitment to the volunteer sector, evidence of volunteer leadership achievements and a dedication to the advancement of the status of women. One individual who attends secondary school, college or university is selected through a competitive application process to receive this $1,000 award which is presented at our Annual Installation Banquet in May.
- Active commitment to volunteerism.
- Experience in local government, student government, or workplace leadership (paid or unpaid).
- Volunteer leadership achievements.
- Knowledge of Zonta International and its programs.
- Support in Zonta International’s mission of empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy.
2023 YWPAApplication materials
- Deadline: March 17, 2023
Zonta Woman of Achievement Award
Members of Zonta Club of Toledo are expected to nominate women for our Woman of Achievement Award. This award is presented to local women who have made significant contributions of their time and talent to the Toledo Community through achievements that focus on Zonta International’s mission to advance the status of women through service or advocacy. There are many deserving women in our community, so start thinking of someone you can nominate.
- Contact Rev. Barbie Harrison for the current nomination form
- Deadline: May 3, 2023